Better late than never, here's the second issue of The Nib, the print publication of the popular left-leaning comics journalism website of the same name. The theme of this issue is "Family" and the highlight for us here at Copacetic are the two cover and three section-heading illustrations by Jillian Tamaki, all superb.
Here’s a look at what else you’ll find in this issue:
• Nicole Georges interviews Alison Bechdel about how writing a memoir changed her family and herself.
• Ryan Devereaux of The Intercept reports on a Brazilian father and son separated at the border, illustrated by Katie Wheeler.
• Mathew and Jake New, a pair of twin brothers attend a twins festival in Twinsberg, Ohio, to report back on their findings.
• Four queer cartoonists on how they are defining family for themselves—L. Nichols, Luke Healy, Robyn Jordan, and Archie Bongiovanni.
• Features by Sarah Glidden, Mike Dawson, Maki Naro, Andy Warner and Eleri Harris.
• Dispatches by Emily Flake, Matt Bors, Teddy Hose, Vreni Stollberger, Joe Decie, Chelsea Saunders, Keith Knight and Andy Warner.
• Strips by Kendra Wells, Ruben Bolling, Nomi Kane, Matt Lubchansky, Jon Rosenberg, Gemma Correll, Joey Alison Sayers and Ben Passmore.
• Stats by Olivia Walch, contributions by Erlend Sandøy and Sim Mau.